Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chocolate Dessert Cups

Wow, it has been a long time since I have posted a recipe, sorry! I tell myself I have a good excuse, a beautiful baby girl! I had forgotten what having a newborn was like. I'm still trying to figure out how to get everything done in a day with four children, so blogging kind of gets pushed to the bottom of the to-do-list.
I hope you all had a great Valentines day! It felt like I spent my entire day in the kitchen preparing a special dinner. I knew we wouldn't be going out so I wanted to do something fun and special for the boys and Eric. I saw this cute idea for chocolate dessert cups at Mel's Kitchen Cafe. They were a hit with the boys. My eight year old was very impressed, he thought I was a genius and had made the idea up myself, I had to tell him I'm not that creative.

Chocolate Dessert Cups
-white or brown chocolate
-balloons
-sprinkles (optional)
**Do not serve these to anyone with latex allergies**

I just blew up some balloons, washed and dried them off, set them aside. I used white chocolate disks, melt them and let it cool or you will have popped balloons. Just dip the bottom of the balloons into the chocolate. I used sprinkles on mine then set them on wax paper to harden. Once they have set up it is time pop the balloons and remove them. Try to let the air out slowly. There you have it cute fun bowls to use for a variety of things, I filled mine with homemade chocolate pudding. If you find my instructions to vague go visit Mel's Kitchen Cafe where she gives very detailed instructions and photos.

I will try and get the other recipes I tried for our V-day dinner posted sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails