Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pasta with Spinach or Broccoli and Mushrooms

This is a recipe I got from attending BYU Education week probably 30 years ago. It was an Italian cooking class and I learned a lot while there. Very simple as are most pasta dishes, but very good.
I have only made it with spinach but I love broccoli so am sure that would be delicious as well.

Pasta with Spinach or Broccoli and Mushrooms

1/2 lb. pasta
4 C spinach or broccoli cooked and chopped
1/2 lb. mushrooms sliced
2-3 TBS lemon juice
1 clove garlic finely chopped
1 C heavy cream or 1/2 C cream and 1/2 C chicken stock
1/3 C Parmesan cheese
4 TB butter

Add lemon juice to sliced mushrooms. Melt butter in skillet and add garlic and cook one minute. Add mushrooms and cook a few minutes. Add cream (or cream and broth) and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Add drained pasta, spinach and cheese. Mix and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Mom I added a picture since I made this last week. We loved it! I worried about the spinach just a little so I only added about 1/2 of what was called for. There weren't any left overs. This recipe will be added to our regulars, simple and delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails