Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hamburger Buns

Wanted hamburgers for dinner but didn't have any  buns on hand and didn't want to run to the store.   So in less time than it would have taken me to drive to the store and back I made these hamburger buns.  They are easy and quick.  I made them with half wheat flour but have made them with just white flour as well.   Whatever you like works.

Hamburger Buns

1 1/3 C warm water
1/3 C oil
1/4 C sugar
2 TBS yeast
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
4 C flour (I use half wheat)

Mix altogether and let rest for 15 minutes.   Roll out and cut into shapes.  Let raise till the desired size and bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.  Makes 10 to 12 buns, depending on the size you cut them.  (I cut the recipe in half and had 6 large buns.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails