Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chicken Divan w/rice

Once again trying to use up leftovers (chicken), but in a delicious way! You have all (my sisters)probably made this a hundred times, this was my first. I remembered mom made this for the masses when we were all there for the weekend, and how yummy it was! This is in "Grandma's Gracious Goodness" (my grandmother's cookbook). The ony alteration to the recipe is the addition of rice.

Chicken Divan
2 cups chicken cooked and cut up
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c mayo
1/4 c onion, chopped cooked in butter
1 TBS lemon juice
2 pkg frozen broccoli or fresh (I used one large head)
1/4-1/2 tsp curry pwd (I used 1/4 tsp and thought just right)
1 c sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 c rice (uncooked)

Cook rice- Cook Broccoli- In a sprayed 9 x 13 pan layer the rice then the broccoli, then the chicken. In a bowl mix the soup, mayo, lemon juice, curry powder, cooked onions, & 1/2 the cheese. Pour over the chicken. Mix 1 c soft bread crumbs with 4 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle over chicken. (I just sprinkled seasoned bread crumbs). Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour. Sprinkle with slivered almonds if desired. Serves 6-8 people. (If you aren't into rice you could put a layer of Stove Top dressing over the chicken before the sauce. I'm not a big Stove Topper).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails