Friday, April 29, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken

My family enjoyed this recipe, although my husband was a bit skeptical "poppy seeds are for baked goods".

Poppy Seed Chicken
4-6 Chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I used 3 large)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c sour cream
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed finely
4 TBS butter, melted
1 TBS poppy seeds

I just cooked the chicken in a fry pan with a little bit of olive oil. Put the cooked, cubed chicken in a 9x 13 pan. Heat and stir the soup and sour cream together just until warm and well combined. Then pour it over the chicken. Mix the butter, poppy seeds, and crackers together. Sprinkle on top of the soup mixture. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve over rice.

I actually made my own Cream of Chicken soup. Which tasted fine but was more time consuming. Next time I m just going to try the canned stuff, which from what I can see the sauce won't be quite as thick as in my photo. Then I will see which I prefer.

Source:adapted from Sister Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails