Friday, June 26, 2009

Mom's Meat Loaf


Not sure how many people like meatloaf but it has been a staple at our house forever. The girls are always asking me for the recipe and I never have one since I have put a little of this and a little of that in it. So, last time I made it I measured my guesses and came up with this recipe. We had it for dinner this evening using my measurements and it turned out great. This is quite a moist meatloaf. Grandson Braydon was here and got so excited to see that we were having meatloaf and said it was one of his favorites. Perhaps it will become one of yours as well.

Mom's Meatloaf

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 C chopped onion
1/4 C chili sauce or salsa
2 slices bread soaked in 1/2 C milk or chicken stock till softened
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/4 C katsup
1 egg, beaten

Mix all ingredients together till well combined and place in an 8X8 baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Smooth out evenly. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. This is Clark's new favorite meatloaf. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails