Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Soft Sugar Cookies

Ok so we don't have any great artists at our house but believe me these are tasty! A friend was shopping at the DI and saw these dinosaur cookie cutters and knew my boys would love them, she was right. They have been used several times just on pieces of bread.
When I was first married I went to make sugar cookies and my hubby insisted I use this recipe (thanks Cindy P.) and I have used it ever since. They are so soft! They remind me of a Lofthouse Cookie. Top them with Almond Powdered Sugar frosting and you can't beat them.

Sugar Cookies
1 c butter (or marg.)
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 TBS milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 c flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk, and vanilla and mix together. Then add the remaing dry ingred. This is a very soft dough, chill for 10 min. or so before rolling out.

Bake @ 400 for 6 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails