Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sausage/Egg/ English Muffin Sandwich with a bit of zip.

I love sausage/egg sandwiches on an English muffin and fix them regularly.   When straightening out my freezer the other day I found some jalapeno sausage that Cordell had made and given us so I thought I would give it a try.  Gave the sandwich a little zip.  I prepared the sandwiches in the microwave which makes things easy for me.  Here is what I did to make two sandwiches.




Since most of us don't have jalapeno sausage as I did, chop up desired amount of a jalapeno (depending on how much heat you like), and mix in with ground sausage.  Shape sausage into patties and fry, draining on a paper towel when the meat is done.  Poach the eggs  by putting a bowl in the microwave with 1 cup of water and zap for 2 minutes.   Crack two eggs into the bowl, poke the yokes with a toothpick,  and microwave for 1-2 minutes.   While the eggs are cooking, toast the English muffins and spread on a little mustard.  Put sausage on mustard side of the muffin, add the drained poached egg and then a slice of whatever kind of cheese you like and add top of muffin.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails