Thursday, September 24, 2009

Zucchini Bread

I know, I seem to be obsessed with zucchini right now but my cup runneth over when it comes to zucchini. Actually the plants have frozen now so there will probably be no more zucchini recipes for this year. This recipe came to me in a ward cookbook and was contributed by Abbie Redden. I have tried other recipes and don't like any of them as well. This past week I made 10 loaves and put several in the freezer. On Sunday I sliced up four loaves and took them to church. I was giving the RS lesson so before I began I mentioned that I was overloaded with zucchini and since I couldn't give it away I brought it as zucchini bread and hoped they would all take a piece, which most of them did. (we have several diabetics that can't eat that stuff). On Monday I had two requests for the recipe as they thought it was better than any they had made. I was flattered but am grateful to Abbie for sharing the recipe.

3 eggs
2 C sugar
3 tsp vanilla
1 C oil
2 C grated zucchini
1 tsp salt
1 TB cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 C flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 C chopped nuts (optional)

Beat eggs until light and foamy. Add oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. Mix lightly but well. Add flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, baking powder and nuts. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Makes 2 loaves.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite zucchini bread recipe too mom, it is so yummy! Good luck with using up your plentiful harvest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails