Friday, September 4, 2009

Sweet N' Sour Chicken


Last night Chinese sounded good, but I'm trying to cut back on spending and unfortunately eat out is right at the top of the list of cut backs. Anyhow I dusted off Cara's recipe for sweet n' sour chicken. I really like this recipe it just got forgotten about for awhile. Of course I didn't plan ahead for dinner I was thinking Eric was working late and so dinner was going to be "simple". Turns out he wasn't going to be "Late". So for the sake of time I defrosted the chicken mostly and then cut it into smaller pieces. I followed the recipe below except for the baking instructions. I baked it for 10-15 min at 450. I think I will do this again in the future, it was tasty and faster.
This goes great with plain or fried rice.

Sweet N' Sour Chicken
4-8 Chicken breasts - boneless, skinless
1 egg beaten
corn Starch
oil

Sauce
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c ketchup
1/2 c vinegar
1 TBS soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Dip chicken in egg then roll in corn starch. Brown both sides in pan coated with oil. Place in baking pan and cover with sauce. Bake uncovered at 325 for 1 hour. (or till chicken is cooked thru)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails