Saturday, May 15, 2010

Lemon Bars

I have been wanting to make these for weeks. They bring back childhood memories. (We didn't have them often.) I looked at a few different recipes and they were all basically the same, so I combined and omitted what I wanted and this is what I came up with. Enjoy!
Crust:
1 C butter, softened
1/2 c powdered sugar
2 c flour
For the crust mix the above ingredients in a bowl, then press into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned.
Filling:
4 eggs, beaten
4 TBS flour
2 c granulated sugar
2 lemons, juice and zest
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
Mix the filling ingredients together then pour over slightly cooled crust. Bake again for 20-25 min at 350. They may seem a little bit runny but they will firm up as it cools. I store mine in the fridge and eat them chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails