Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Country Club Chicken

I have been trying quite a few new recipes lately and my kids gripe and complain till they taste them usually....this one was no exception, my 10-year old was complaining that it had mushrooms in it... blah...blah...blah till he tasted it then he said " you can keep this recipe mom, this is good!"  My 8-year old said "this chicken is sooooo good!" 

Country Club Chicken

Ingredients:
1 pound spaghetti
4 chicken breasts
1 large onion
7 oz mushrooms
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
4 or 5 slices bacon
1/4 cup dry white wine (I used a white cooking wine)
2/3 cup sharp cheddar
1 apple
butter or oil
salt & pepper

Directions:
Mince the onion. Clean and slice the mushrooms.
Peel and mince the apple (or wash it well). Recipe used a golden delicious I didn't have one so I used what I had a braeburn.
Season the chicken breasts with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
Cook the bacon and don’t clean out the pan.  Drain the bacon on a paper napkin.
Add a bit of butter and quickly brown the chicken breasts on both sides. Transfer them to a casserole dish.
Cook the onion for three minutes.
And add the mushrooms.  Cook for another three then add the minced apple and cook it all for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and crumble the bacon in there. Pour in the white wine.  I’m sure you could replace the white wine with chicken broth.
Add the soup (I didn't pay that close attention to the recipe and used only one can so make sure you use two, it was still good just not that saucy) and stir in the cheese till melted.
Then pour it all over the chicken breasts.
Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes. Until the chicken is super tender and the sauce is all hot and bubbly.

Cook the pasta in salted water according to the directions on your package. 
Put the pasta in a bowl, place chicken on top then pour the sauce all over.  Enjoy!

Source:  Kayotic Kitchen

*I edited this post- clarifying to use 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails