Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fajitas

When we took in our last beef to the butcher I asked about having fajita meat cut. Which they didn't charge any more to do. This makes it a lot faster for me to cook to not have to worry about cutting the meat.
I got this recipe from mom years ago. We have used it on beef and chicken.

Fajitas
1 lbs. fajita meat-steak or chicken (brown in 2 tbs of cooking oil
2 TBS Lemon Juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp crushed re pepper flakes (or Tabasco)

Onion
Green and Red Bell peppers

Mix all ingredients together other than the meat. Once your meat is browned add the mixture to it in the fry pan. Cover and let steam till meat tenderizes. (I usually add a little bit of water for moisture). Add sliced onions and peppers (what ever color bell peppers you like) Cook uncovered till onions a peppers are tender.
Place in flour tortillas and top with favorite toppings: cheese, avocados, sour cream, salsa

I ate the leftovers for lunch the next day on nachos, not bad!



I made salsa to go with them as well, which I will be posting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails