Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Huli Huli Chicken and Macarroni salad

Picture to come I took it with my old camera because my new camera's battery was dead and now I can't find the cord to transfer the pictures to my computer. Sorry!
This recipe is a few recipes I've found tweaked a little and combined. This is as close as I can get to what I've had at Clair's house and since he can't ever find his recipe when I call and ask it will have to do. It's quite good really and a new favorite at our house.

about 10 chicken thighs (bone in skin on)

Broil chicken thighs 6-8 inches from unit for 10 minutes on each side. Then remove skin and bones and shred.

Sauce:
1/3 C ketchup
1/3 C soy sauce
1/2 C brown sugar
3 Tbsp cooking sherry or chicken stock
1/2 tsp crushed ginger root (or to taste)
1 garlic clove crushed

Simmer chicken and sauce together in electric skillet for approx. 10 min until chicken is fully cooked and flavors meld together. Serve over rice. Best with a little Sirachi sauce on top (warning use sparingly,very hot) and a bite of maccaroni salad. I also like to add a bite of raw cabbage to the mix (I know it sounds gross but trust me delish!)

Macaroni Salad
cooked macaroni noodles
shredded carrot
mayo (Best Foods is best)

Add mayo and carrot when noodles are still warmish to best absorb flavor (I know this sounds pretty plain and gross and I wouldn't suggest eating it plain but it really adds to the huli huli chicken and rice when eaten together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails