Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Parmesan Chicken


This is one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. The recipe came from Taste of Home Magazine several years ago and was sent in by Shelby Thompson of Florida. It calls for boneless chicken breasts but I do it with bone in breasts, legs and thighs as well and it is just as delicious. I also like to bake it in my clay baking dishes that I bought when we were in Turkey last year. The baking dish holds two large breasts or thighs, or three smaller thighs. I only did two thighs in the picture. Since there are only two of us to eat I cut the recipe down. I have done it so many times, I no longer measure but guestimate the amounts and judge by the smell. Not too professional I realize but it works for me. The chicken turns out really moist and tender.

Parmesan Chicken

1/2 C butter or margarine melted
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 Cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese
6 to 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

In a shallow bowl, combine butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt (I omit the salt as I am not that into salt). In plastic bag, combine crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then shake in crumb mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan that has been sprayed. (original recipe says ungreased pan but I like easy clean-up.) Drizzle with any remaining butter mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or till chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails