Friday, May 15, 2009



I have made more eye appealing versions of this but of course I didn't have a camera to take a shot of it.  Actually maybe I did........



Ok so I didn't find the shot I was looking for but you can get the idea by looking here that there is a little more thought into the fruit placement.  Either way I am sure that it didn't taste any different.  We don't do cakes much for birthdays at our house since we love this so much.    Here is the recipe.  ENJOY!

Fruit Pizza:

1/2 Cup Butter                                              1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 Cup Sugar                                               1/4 tsp Salt
1  Egg                                                               8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 1/4 Cups flour                                             2 tsp vanilla extract  
1 tsp. cream of tartar                                    1/2 Cup sugar

Preheat oven 350 degrees.  In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until smooth
Mix in egg.  combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan.  Bake for 8-10 min.  Cool.  In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 sugar and vanilla until light.  Spread on cooled crust.  Arrange desired fruit on top of filling and chill.  If you want to skip making the crust you may also buy refrigerated sugar dough when you are in a hurry.  Of course I don't think it is as good but sometimes you have to cut corners.  This recipe was submitted to allrecipes.com by Anne

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I'm so glad you posted, it made my day! I will be making this soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails