Friday, May 22, 2009

Sweet & Sour Meatballs


I am unsure where I came upon this recipe. I thought it was from a blog but I can't find it anywhere now. Wherever I got it from they adapted it from Lion House Recipes. The boys were watching me make this and were certain it would be terrible (oatmeal in Meatballs?!?). I assured them they would be good. They were pleasantly surprised and thought they were delicious. Where we only have four eaters I downsized the recipe to 1lb of meat and the other ingredients accordingly (or should I say, estimated). I must have made my meatballs smaller because I still ended up with 13. We have so much hamberger in our freezers so Im always looking for a new way to use it up. We will be keeping the recipe on hand.
Sweet & Sour Meatballs
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef

3/4 c quick oats

2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 c finely chopped onion

1/2 c milk

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Form into about 12 balls, each about 2 inches in diameter. Place in a casserole dish. Cover with sauce (below). Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve over rice.

Sauce:

1/2 c brown sugar

1/4 c apple cider vinegar

1 tsp mustard

1/4 c babeque sauce

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Combine ingredients in a small saucepan, heat until combined and sugar is dissolved, then pour over meatballs.



1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy Cheryl. I have so many new recipes to try. I will add this one to the list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails