Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blueberry Banana Bread

I'm starting to enjoy blueberries, now that I'm nearing the end of my supply in my freezer (enough for 3 or 4 more recipes). I found this recipe in the Taste of Home June/July 2003. It was submitted by Sandy Flick.

Blueberry Banana Bread
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c shortening
1 c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 c fresh blueberries
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Beat in bananas. Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating just until combined. Fold in blueberries.

Pour into three greased 5-3/4 in. x 3-in. 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 30-35 or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 mini loaves. (I used 2 medium size loaf pans and baked for about 45 min. after greasing the pans I coated them in sugar for a little extra goodness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails