Sunday, April 18, 2010

Quick Potato Chips


This recipe came from Taste of Home, June, July, 2009. I tweaked it a bit for my own taste but will list the original recipe. Instead of brushing the chips with olive oil, I sprayed the plate, put the chips on it and then sprayed the chips with cooking spray. I used only salt on mine but will try some of the other spices next time. I cut my chips in my food processor and the picture shows the amount that was made from one medium potato, minus a few tastes by me as well as husband. They can be made ahead of time, but it is a time consuming process as the potatoes must not be overlapped. Might be fun for kids to try sometime when they are bored. Mom would have to be in charge of the potato slicing.

3 medium red potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
curry powder (or garlic, cumin, chipolte or any other spice you might like)

Layer three paper towels on a microwave-safe plate; set aside.

Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/16 inch slices. Brush slices on both sides with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and spice. Arrange on prepared plate (do not overlap).
Microwave on high for 3 minutes; turn and microwave 2-3 minutes longer or until chips are dry and brittle. Repeat with remaining potatoes, oil and seasonings. Let chips cool for at least 1 minute before serving. Store in an airtight container.

Watch them carefully after turning them over as they can burn easily and each time will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails